From:
Pat Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 May 2013 20:04:18 -0500
Jim,
Had a friend with an Elmac AF67 - on ten meters we could order
hamburgers from a drive-in we often stopped at!  The counter guys
thought it was great.  And another sit down restaurant had a juke box
that responded to ten meter A M audio in a wonderful way.  First guy
in would drop a dime and not choose a song and we would place our
orders and come in!  Probably not altogether legal but there were
usually enough beers to dim the outline of the law!
Had another friend with an Elmac - spent lots of time tuning his 160
meter base loaded antenna.  We push started that damned old Pontiac
many times!!  Couldn't let the car idle while you tuned, it would
overheat!  Lots of fun and learning back in the day!