From:
Ron Canazzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Apr 2013 01:32:52 -0400
Hi Phil,

I don't know what to tell you.  I have changed the settings on 3 or 4
systems and it always seems to work.  Remember, this is only for your
own outgoing mail.  If someone else does not change the settings in
their program, you will still see the equal signs. Also, if your mail
program is set to reply in the original format to a message, if you in
fact do not change that for one post, you will still send in Rich Text
as did the originator and thus the equal signs will show up.

Hope this helps.