From:
Gary Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2013 19:25:00 -0400
Richard:

don[t know much about the 480.  However, you probably mean sgc tuners.
generally good, but quality can be variable.  I don't recall which of them are weather sealed for outside mounting.

My recommendation is a good manual tuner in the shack, or get an mfj 993b auto tuner.  With some judicious labeling, they are perfectly accessible.  also have a very wide matching range.

I used one for a while, but sold it because I didn't need it.

Gary Lee