From:
Jim Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Apr 2013 09:44:28 -0500
I like my MFJ 993B tuner, although it's probably old iron by now.  It
remembers the setting for a given frequency range, and tunes automatically,
and it has real buttons on the front, not visual menu items, although I
think there are some, but I don't need them.

Howard's point about having the tuner at the antenna is a good one, and I'm
interested in hearing more about these tuners.  I wonder though if the
interference caused by having an untuned rig and length of coax is more than
tuning the antenna at the rig?
--
Jim, KE5AL