From:
Tom Brennan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 2013 11:52:03 -0500
Steve, I do have one.  In fact, I've got one of the Omega units.  However, this
thing has to be adjusted all the time and you have to work with it while
adjusting it.  Seems like a real potential problem to have the cabinet off of
the unit to access it.  Since its essentially to control rf ground issues that
seems like it would defeat the purpose of it.  Since the meter is reading
current I'm also not sure what that would do to the stability and reliability of
its circuitry.  Apparently you have to adjust this thing going back and forth
between it and the antenna tuner (mine is internal on a ts2000) to adjust it.
Then there are also the swr measures to change on the antenna so it would be
quite a circus to add a vom to that mix <g>.

Tom

Tom Brennan  KD5VIJ, CCC-A/SLP
web page http://titan.sfasu.edu/~g_brennantg/sonicpage.html