From:
Danny Dyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Nov 2012 09:36:32 -0500
Hi All, I'm just waking up, and thought I'd chi8me in, with some
observations given in no particular order/you know, worked last night,
and up early this morning, _______________________Before
Any_________________ Coffee!!!!!   ******See how much I think of you
guys?????????????????
Anyway, as a longtime user of this system, A, there is_ a motorized
raising/lowering model, but it _is _Not, the basic super stick.
B, try the url newsuperantennas.com C, mounting it on a wooden railing
would work very well, although a metal railing or fence or whatever,
might give better results, but the lil C clamp and Basic Bracket which
comes with the Basic antenna,/will allow mounting to a flat table, a
table leg, a window sill, a fence, all by different angling of the
basic bracket, which is made up of an approximately 8 inch long flat
piece of metal then an angled piece of metal, maybe an inch per side
of the right angle, with screw holes in the middle of each of the
sides, and a third flat short piece of metal, maybe an inch or two in
length.  The three pieces of metal are all the same thickness, and
depth, the two nut bolt and washer sets, needed to connect the pieces
are included.  There's another little screw hole in the long piece,
which does not go all the way through it, into which a little screw
with a flat device which will receive a spade lug, is to be inserted
and tightened./(lil screw and spade lug receiver are included, and any
counterpoises Vern sells, come with lugs atatched.)
  That is how you atatch whatever counterpoise you use.
The antenna, when fully extended runs about six feet, actually about
six and a half feet if the basic/40-10meter coil's sleeve is fully
extended, and if you choose to use either the 80meter coil,/maybe
eight inches long, or the sixty meter coil, an inch or so shorter than
the 80meter coil,/either coil to be mounted between the bottom of the
basic coil, and the top of the bottom rod---only one of the extra
coils at a time.
The MP1, sells with the c clamp and mounting bracket, and I believe
either 1 or two counterpoise sets, for around $120, although the basic
super stick, just the base rods, ant, and basic coil and sleeve sells
for around 80 dollars.
If it can be mounted where you can open a window and reach out, to
adjust the sleeve's place on the coil, you can learn to get its SWR
very well within tolerence simply by signal to noise ratio in the
receiver.  It's a good system, has its' drawbacks, as do all
portable/mobile antennas, but learning to work with it either indoors
or outdoors, it is a workable unit.
I'd be glad to help any of you with learning and using the mp1, I have
an older review of the system on icanworkthisthing.com,
but the contact and some other info have yet to be updated.
Anyone wishing more info is welcome to email me, and we can arrange a
phone call if that's desired.
Sincerely, Danny Dyer,
Wb4idu,
email <d d y e r 1 AT g m a i l dot com