From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2012 09:15:02 -0500
John,

Probably little old me.  I've been using it  for  several years,
although not much recently.   If I remember, you are running a TS-2000,
and since you are using a SL USB, you are no doubt running AFSK.

Tuning the signal in AFSK can be touchy, so  for starters, you may want
to switch to FSK mode in the radio for some RX testing.

While I use MMTTY for RX, I  TX in FSK using my logger (Writelog).
With the radio in FSK and the filter bandwidth set to lowest (250 hz I
think) it is a lot easier to tune in the incoming signal  compared to
AFSK with the radio inLSB.

As for versions of MMTTY, I prefer v. 1.65 over 1.68, but that may just
be personal preference since I used that one for a number of years.

I know you know to keep the sound card drive down.   Set the radio to
FSK and filter to 250 hz and slowly tune across the signal until your
screen reader gives you some non gibberish feedback.  If this works, you
know your connections, drive, etc. are good and  you can try AFSK. .
Now you can go to AFSK and try and tune in the same signal.   I did some
AFSK work a year or 2 ago and found it a lot more difficult to get tuned
compared to  FSK.     I think this all has to do with getting the SSB
filters set correctly.

I assume that you have  selected the SL USB as the sound card from
within the "setup mmtty" drop down menu.

73, Steve KW3A