VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:45:38 -0700
From:
Bill Pasco <[log in to unmask]>
For office work stations, tower systems are still a better solution than any
portable or mobile device. They are inexpensive for their power, very fast,
and reliable. Though a workhorse laptop can duplicate much of the same
functionality, it requires adding the same peripherals needed for a tower
system which really pushes the basic cost up for no good reason. Besides,
servers and such will probably always be a stationary box of some kind, so I
doubt she is predicting they will no longer be made. At least for business
use, they have distinct advantages in the right application.