Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 9 Dec 2011 02:02:24 -0500
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Paleo Cure for Cancer?
From: Ron Hoggan
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 22:30

<snip>

>the minimum level of ketosis required would
>also allow for considerable tumor-feeding glucose
>to enter the bloodstream.

I have heard quite a bit recently about "tumour-feeding glucose". I read the following recently about the size and growth of cancer tumours (it's from the McDougall Letter for November 2011):

=========
"How Cancer Grows
"People unfamiliar with the manner in which cancer
grows are easily fooled into thinking it spreads like
wildfire, almost overnight, because one moment
the person appears to be in good health, and then
the next moment the patient has a body full of disease.
When the cancer is first diagnosed people believe
that this is “early disease,” that can be “caught in
time and cured” if removed. This fairytale view is,
unfortunately, untrue.

"Cancer grows at a steady rate (referred to as the
doubling time). Early growth is invisible because the
cancer is microscopic in size. This increase in size of
the cancer is hidden from view as one cancer cell
divides into two cells, two into four, and so on. The
doublings remain undetectable until the cancer reaches
a size of 1 mm (period-size), which now contains a
million cells, after about 6 years of growth. After
10 years of growth, the tumor is 1 cm in diameter
(eraser-size) and contains one billion cells. At this point
 in its natural history the doublings become very
apparent: one billion cancer cells divide into a mass
containing two billion cells, and with the next doubling
there are 4 billion cancer cells inside the patient’s body.
Thus, cancer is undetectable by the patient and his
physician for the first two-thirds of its natural history,
and this leads to confusion."
=======

I don't think there is any way you could reduce your blood glucose to a level where a tumor's growth would be constrained in the first 10 years of its existence.

Keith