Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 15 Apr 2013 10:01:47 +0100
Sender:
From:
Terry Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Hi Kelvin,

I haven't been following this conversation closely, so please forgive me if I say something irrelevant or silly here.

I've used an ACOM 2000A for a few years now and find it quite accessible, given the following:

*    I have a P2000CW to read power output and VSWR
*    I've learned how to set up the amp for different bands and antennas. I understand there are many possibilities per band but haven't got into that as I only tend to use one antenna on each band.
*    Having set it up, as stated above, band changing is easy as the amp senses the band you're on and tunes accordingly.
*    I drive the K3 from the PC, though I also have the K3 Reader.

The down side is that the ACOM 2000A is a bit expensive, but if you can run to that, it seems to remove a lot of problems. Like many modern amplifiers, there's a display that tells you what, if any problem has arisen and I don't know of any way of accessing that information. I needed sighted help to tell me that the TR relay had packed up. Perhaps I might ask ACOM if there's any chance of intercepting the communications to the control unit, to a PC.

I used to use a Linear Amp UK Explorer, which I tuned with the P2000CW. The down side of that was that if you didn't have any RF output at all, the P2000CW won't sit and wait for it. The TW series seem better in this respect.

So, there you go, hope this helps.

Cheers & 73,

Terry, GM3WUX

DESCRIBE ONLINE - IMPROVING ACCESS THROUGH INFORMATION

Terry Robinson B.Sc
82 Albert Rd.
Crosshill
Glasgow
G42 8DR
Tel: 0141 423 2683 - Mobile: 07771 610002
Web: www.describe-online.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 8228 (20130415) __________

http://www.eset.com