Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2013 23:15:50 -0500
7bit
From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
I thought about what John suggested, so I disconnected the 6 and 2 meter
radios from the power supply.
The nuts were cranked down real tight, and the rigs hadn't been turned on.
What do you know, output power in to the dummy load went up by 8 watts on
160.
I think it went up by about the same on the other bands, but I hadn't
measured it there first, so its just memory.
Now we get 51 watts out on 160.
This got me thinking, 51 watts is half the expected power output.
Could only 1 output transistor be working on 160?
Well, on A.M. with that theory we should get 12.5 watts out on 160.
No we get 25 watts out on A.M.

All tests done with the TW1 in to the internal dummy load on the tuner.
SWR 1.2/1 on the meter.
Now how to power the other radios?

H T Kaufman MSW LCSW
Adaptive Technology Instructor