Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 6 Jan 2013 13:35:29 -0600
7bit
Sender:
From:
"Howard, W A 9 Y B W" <[log in to unmask]>
One of the first things I learned in electronics school is that solid state
devices especially CMOS devices can be damaged by handling them without
properly grounding your work area as well as yourself.  Often the damage can
be done and not show up for weeks to months unless the static discharge
totally killed the device from the get go.

Why do you think these devices are packaged in antistatic packaging?  You
MUST continue the protection during all handling including the instillation
process.  Now, boys and girls, do you all do this?

Things are different now compared to the good-old vacuum tube days.

73

Howard #3