Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 28 Nov 2012 16:19:17 -0500
From:
Steve Dresser <[log in to unmask]>
7bit
Tom,

My Ultralite Senior has been up with no center support since the spring of
2004, and survived quite well until it broke last year.  The instructions
recommend that you install the antenna with a center support, but I haven't
figured out a practical way to do that here so I just don't worry about it.
You've heard me on 40 and 20, so you know what kind of a signal I have.  My
only complaint with this antenna is that I don't think it performs well
above 20 meters, but that's probably the fault of the installation.  I
haven't tried it on 160 because it's a bit hard to tune; again, it might
work better if I could raise the center.  Nevertheless, the antenna is quite
well made, and has held up through several New England winters.

Steve