From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2013 14:15:46 -0400
if road runner is cable internet, have the company replace the line from the
pole to the house, I find that's 99% of internet issues with cable internet
if there is an actual problem and it's not operator error. If it's DSL,
better hope there's no hum on the phone lines normally because that will do
it and most phone companies these days have no clue how to fix that. We
never got rid of the hum at our last house in 15 years of living there until
we got FIOS. All the neighbors had it too and a couple blamed me but I told
them and showed them it couldn't be me, the phone company admitted it was
their problem but they had no clue what to do about it. They tried
everything. That will kill your dsl speeds too.