VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
harry brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
harry brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2014 14:49:31 -0500
Hi all,
A couple things to say about the IPhone.
1. There's 2 ways to access it:
A. the bluetooth keyboard, which works tremendously.
B. The dots that the folks at the AT guys sell.
These overlays are dots that you can put on the IPhone, and each dot is
an icon on the screen.
If I were getting a smart phone, I'd get the IPhone, either with the
dots on it, or, I'd get the IPhone, and use the bluetooth keyboard.
If you get one, let everybody know what you think of that phone.
There's so much you can do on it.
I have thought about getting one.  I wanted to make the IPhone my only
computer, however, folks have told me that now is not the time to do
that, because of the fact that task switching is terrible on I devices.
Task switching means multitasking. That's the nice thing about regular
laptops, at least you can go between different tasks easily, by jumping
between different windows.
Harry