From:
"Bob, K8LR" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob, K8LR
Date:
Thu, 2 May 2013 23:48:25 -0400
Hi,

I changed the subject line.

My Ameritron ALS1300 uses a switching power supply.  I've never had problems
with birdies or any noise, but I believe that some D-expeditions have
complained that the switching supplies were more noisy that an analog
supply, so Ameritron now will sell either type of supply, whichever you
prefer.  In my opinion, switching supplies are much more efficient and way
much less, but they need to be well designed to keep the radio noise inside
the case of the supply.

Bob, K8LR, [log in to unmask]