From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 May 2013 21:12:19 -0600
Back in the late sixties, I worked a ton of 15 meters; both phone and CW.  I worked the novice band there and it was loaded due to great band conditions.  I got a card in the mail one day from a guy I worked in the novice band.  He was deaf and blind, he told me on the card, that he worked CW by screwing off the plastic ear pieces on old headphones, we called them cans, and lightly touched the vibrating plates so he worked CW by feel.  I never knew, or could tell, as I thought back to the CW contact I had with him so it was pretty neat and old technology now, of course.

Phil.
K0NX