From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 May 2013 13:25:25 -0400
When *I* pick up the phone, it generally is a complete waste of time but
that's beside the point. I didn't get a radio license to talk on the phone
or the internet, that's not radio and I'd be flat out embarrassed to brag
about my last phone call to NY or skype call to TN or where ever it was all
those months ago and I certainly would never call an internet conversation
or phone call DX, accept a card or anything for it. Why anyone would get a
radio license just to use the internet is well beyond me but then, that's
why I never get on 2 meters, that's all anyone seems to do these days and
they're so happy they never have to actually work to make a contact,
upgrade, put up antennas or anything. As far as I'm concerned, they
shouldn't be any part of radio with that attitude since they don't even know
what radio is if they're calling the internet radio.