From:
Buddy Brannan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 2013 16:47:14 -0400
In this case, the radio is compatible, supposedly, with the Icom IC-718 command set. So if we can find some sort of remote software for that, might be good to go, if it can compile on the Pi or similar.

Another possibility, albeit more expensive, would be the Pigtail or the Piglet from http://www.pignology.net . Essentially, it connects to the serial port of the radio, then you use your iThing, Android, or some such, to connect to its private wireless network, or the wireless network it's connected to (either way works), and interface with Hamlog or other software.

It ain't no Elecraft killer, but for the price, it could be fun to play with.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: (814) 860-3194 or 888-75-BUDDY