From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Mar 2013 17:05:45 -0400
I'm not much of a CW guy, and will stand corrected if  I'm off on this one.

The large  1/4 inch jack  is for a paddle, while the 1/8 jack is for
straight key, bug, pc cw connection,  or keyer.    Going into the 1/4
jack uses the internal keyer.   Either way, you need a 3 conductor plug
(stereo).

73, Steve KW3A