From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2013 22:29:00 -0500
Your hustler idea is exactly what I've run for almost a year now and while
on the 75 meter NTS nets I get in to it hurts bad because everyone's too
close, I had to put up a wire for there, for DX, even on 75 though band
width is extremely narrow, it plays pretty good. I didn't get the DX
engineering package, I have their 17 meter add on kit, that's it but the
only band I can't get the antenna to play on and being about 5 feet from my
metal sided house I know is the reason is 10 meters. I'm sure if I had it
over the roof it would play there and I'm trying for low profile so I have
it ground mounted and may try it mounted to the sun room at some point, that
will use the house for a ground plain, that will either work gangbusters or
be a complete fail, I just haven't had a chance to do it and probably won't
get to it any time soon. With about 25 radials at about 30 feet though, the
SWR is good on all bands, needs a little touch up with the tuner on 40 but
looking online they all do, and it sure works well. Most of my radials
disappeared too, there's a couple that I have connected to a metal rail
under my house and those aren't staying down flat so I'll have to fix them
before lawn mowing season but I'm very happy with that antenna.