From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2012 00:33:38 -0700
you could put the radials where ever you like, as long as they don't cross
each other at any point.
Ultimately you want them going straight out in a concentric pattern from the
base of the antenna, but this isn't always possible in limited space, so
just stick them where you can and don't cross them.
The dipole or twin ham stick idea is good, but you really would have to get
it a ways up off the ground for that to be effective...a ham stick in the
vertical orientation will work quite well close to the ground.

73
Colin, V A6BKX