From:
Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Nov 2012 14:24:56 -0800
Hi Mike, I have a Kenwood Ts-480 with the voice chip installed.
It's a great rig and the internal tuner seems to work great as
well.  I have used the rig for about 1.5 years with no talking
SWR or watt meter in line.  I want one as well, but in any case,
I have had no issues with my rig running it to an off center fed
Windom.  For example when I wanted to work the 60 meter band the
rig clearly indicated that the SWR was way too high so being the
experimental, adventurous type or maybe just dumb, I turned the
power down to 25 watts which for awhile was the limit on 60
anyway, and held some brief QSO's with seemingly no ill results
to the rig.  In short, it seems quite forgiving far as I can
tell.  Good luck with your set up.  You are so fortunate to have
so much space to put up long wires.  Nothing beats a good antenna
and location! 73, Jim WA6EKS