From:
"Howard, W A 9 Y B W" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Nov 2012 00:13:21 -0500
Hi Gerry,

I agree with you 100 percent.

While this is basically a Ham Radio list, because of the nature of
technology today, it is often frustrating dealing with it as a blind person.

Blind Hams are great at figureing out how to get something to work, or at
least find a work-around.

Remember, when Ham Radio started, the only way you could get on the air was
to figure out how to build your gear, from scratch, there were no kits.

While most of Ham Radio today is instant gratification, buy it, take it out
of the box, plug it in, get on the air.

There are still Hams who are tinkerers and experimenters and like to figure
out all sorts of ways to do something.

Ham Radio today covers much more technology than 50 years ago.  Many
seemingly unrelated items can be a part of ham radio today.

I use my Victor Stream to record QSO's sometimes, therefore, now I can ask
questions about it since it is now part of my station, get my drift?

Let's all have a broader and more open mind and do what Hams do best, help
one another no matter what is asked of us, it doesn't always have to be
radio related.

    Much of my enjoyment on this list is to answer someone's question and
know I helped them.

73

Howard #3