From:
Mike Cozzolino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2012 02:30:09 -0700
hello howard, the dec exp was a regulated 12v supply, a typical wall
wart is not regulated unless it is a switching supply so the output
boltage is 12 volts with or without a load on it.  most linear
supplies are only their output voltage when they are under full
load.  the dec exp only draws full current when it is talking at full
volume.  if you don't have a regulated 12 volt adapter you can buy
one from digi-key just get a switching supply at 12 volts and 500
mills and be sure that you get the correct plug size where they plug
in to the dec exp they used two different size plugs.  good luck, c u mike