From:
Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2012 10:51:59 -0700
Hi Colin, thanks for the info on the powered systems.  I haven't taken on
out of the box though after reading your email, I am going to hook them up.
When I listened to one at the store the other night the surrounding noise
level was low and I don't recall hearing much if any hiss from the amp.  You
have my curiosity peaked now.  I had planned to just leave them boxed until
moving them to the new place.  Far as price, everyone seems to be seeling
them at around $749 but I got them from the Guitar Center for $693 each with
my wife and I each using an online coupon to get 15 percent off the original
price.  Hopefully they have addressed your noise concerns.  I plan to run
them off the preamp out's of my old Sony amp.  73, Jim