From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2012 15:03:27 -0600
I could only get HRD to work in the Jaws cursor mode and even then, it was
extremely difficult.  I have the cable that is from Icom and it plugs,
unfortunately, into the same jack that the touch tone keypad uses.
According to the guy who makes the keypads, the cable I have can be wired to
the same plug used by the keypad that controls frequency and mode, etc. in
parallel in other words, and the two should work fine.  It was about a year
ago I was fiddling around with the Icom 7000 and HRD but unless there are
some scripts for jaws now available, it was totally unsatisfactory in
application and made changes to the radio settings just by passing over them
in the jaws cursor mode.  I could not make it work at all using the PC
cursor.  It was in Windows 7 I tried it, too, for what that is worth.

Phil.
K0NX