Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 2013 09:39:41 -0700
7bit
From:
Deborah Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
I'm listening to and making notes on the Kenwood TS440 manual I found in the
HandiHams manuals directory. The MP3 says it was recorded in 1987 by K7POF
for w9KRQ.

Of course the calls have both been re-assigned, but  I'm so curious about
these folks. I love my Ts440, which I bought at a swap meet several years
ago. I had been working from a quick description of the front panel one of
my ham buddies provided, and was so delighted to find this manual. Then
rummaging around, I located a text-based manual  some Canadian ham had given
me back in the 1990s before I even had a license. (That manual I gave to
Kelvin for his site.)

So I'm still curious about who these two fellows were? K7POF does a great
read, without a lot of condescending asides that many volunteer readers
insert such as "you will need a sighted assistant to use this function". He
recognizes that though a blind ham might not be able to access a feature, he
still might wish to elmer someone who can. His descriptions of the front and
back panel layouts and all the other diagrams is topnotch and his reading is
quick and accurate.

I'd really like to thank those guys for the great manual, if I could track
them down!

--Debee [KF6BKR]