Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 24 May 2013 16:16:33 -0400
7bit
Sender:
From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Mike and all:

Speaking of needing to mention one's blindness in certain conversations,
your story reminds me of something that happened either before or after one
of our 40-meter round tables a year or so ago.

I don't know if anyone on list remembers this, but a ffew of us were trying
to help someone figure out one of the functions on the TS590.  We were
trying to give the individual verbal directions as to what to do, where the
needed buttons were located, whether to press the button once, hold it down
for the given function, etc..  And, out of nowhere, someone broke into the
conversation and said something like:  "Why don't you just read the manual?;
I'm sure it's in there!".

Well, someone other than  me  very calmly said that we were all blind hams
trying to help another fellow blind ham to try to get something to work on
his new rig, so please bare with us, and I'm sure we'll get it sorted out.

Needless to say, the intruder was mightily embarrassed, and very awkwardly
said something like how we are all so amazing, and how he can't believe we
can operate these new rigs as well as we can, etc..

This all goes back to one of my earlier comments:

Even though we all have different life situations and circumstances to deal
with, it's the attitudes of others that so often can do very much more harm
than good.

I'm off to the RV now.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ