Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 11 Nov 2012 17:25:10 -0600
From:
"Ronald E. Milliman" <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Does anyone know why some descriptions of the Baofeng UV-5R gives the
wattage as 5 watts and in other places, it is described as 4 watts?

Those of you who have the Baofeng UV-5R, are they a 4 watt or a 5 watt
radio?  The current deal on that radio that Buddy posted sounds too good to
pass up.

Ron, K8HSY

At 07:43 PM 11/10/2012 -0500, you wrote:
>*Snicker* Just saw this on the Baofeng UV-5R Email reflector.
>
>BTW, if anyone needs a couple of Baofeng UV-5R's, check this out. It's =
>kind of hard to beat, and I'm sorely tempted:
>=
>http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-Sets-Bulk-Packing-Baofeng-UV-5R-Dual-Band=
>-Walkie-Talkie-Cost-Effective-Package-Fast-Delivery/627205166.html
>
>--
>Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
>Phone: (814) 860-3194 or 888-75-BUDDY
>

>Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
>> Subject: [baofeng_uv5r] XYL's & QRM?
>> Date: November 10, 2012 7:38:03 PM EST
>> To: [log in to unmask]
>>=20
>> Well played, Ian!
>>=20
>> > I wonder if this group can help me. I'm having trouble programming =
>my XYL.
>> >
>> > Inbetween her massage appointment and getting her nails done, she
>> > noticed that I bought another $45 radio "to keep in her vehicle", =
>(which
>> > is of course the better car and the one we use when we go anywhere
>> > together). This produces QRM in the form of a clicking sound =
>whenever
>> > she sucks her tongue away from the back of her teeth. CTCSS on =
>receive
>> > does not seem to filter this noise out, and all the different =
>settings
>> > of menu 0 seem to operate the same way. VOX was turned off long ago.
>> >
>> > All QTH antennas except those mounted secretly in the attic produce =
>the
>> > error message "It's ugly, take it down". I am using Windows 7 =
>Ultimate,
>> > and have tried various compatibility modes, to no avail. This wasn't =
>> > problem before I upgraded from YL to XYL. I suspect there may be a
>> > driver issue.
>> >
>> > I have considered getting a newer XYL with upgraded firmware, but =
>the
>> > dialog and protocol changes demand I upgrade my software as well. At =
>my
>> > age this is getting difficult. My spam filter is full of =
>> > for accessories, but I suspect they may contain counterfeit =
>ingredients.
>> > Too, I don't know if I dare take the chance of bricking my equipment
>> > by trying to extend frequency beyond its current limits.
>> >
>> > Ian
>>=20
>> --=20
>>=20
>> Thanks! & 73, KD4E.com
>> David Colburn nevils-station.com
>> I don't google I SEARCH! duckduckgo.com
>> Network: groups.yahoo.com/group/qrv
>> Restored to design-spec at Heaven's gate 1Cor15:22
>               	 Reply to group                        	Start a New =
>Topic           	Messages in this topic (22)                      =
>=20
> [...]
Dr. Ronald E. Milliman, retired Professor Western Kentucky University

Chair, American Council of the Blind Public Relations Committee
Monthly Monetary Support Program (MMS) Committee