Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2012 22:27:05 -0400
7bit
From:
"Jose Tamayo (KK4JZX)" <[log in to unmask]>
Hello Friends,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank AE5YC, Herb Fields, for
working through some of the issues with me while I try to complete this
configuration of the UV-3R.  AE5YC has provided me with  a file that he
created using the UV-3R programming software version 1.11.  This file, I
will be able to distribute with the manual I am working on for programming
this radio using JAWS.

What I found is that JAWS will not be able to edit channels that are not
populated with frequencies.  AE5YC has filled in the 99 channels with
information that can be changed any time by a blind ham that uses JAWS.  The
real issue is that the mouse click does not put the field for RX and TX freq
for each channel in edit mode.  Since the radio shipped with one channel
already programmed, I was able to initially edit that channel and make
changes.

Now that I have a channel list already populated, I can complete the
remainder of the manual for the group's review.

I think I can cover most of the configuration and programming on the UV-3R
with the pre-populated file, steps,  and the programming software.  The
radio is not blind accessible but we can make most things work by using the
software.

I would also like to thank Howard WA9YBW, for the offer to help.  Howard, I
will send you the programming software so that we can try to figure out how
to get it working with a clean configuration with no channels programmed.

The only method I have right now is through SendSpace and I will send that
file off tomorrow.  However, if you want to try a direct approach, this
following link has the uv-3r software version 1.11 for download:

http://radioinc.com/Baofeng/software/UV-3R/

Jose - KK4JZX