Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2012 03:15:37 -0500
From:
Brandon Hennis <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Hi all.  this is a rather major question for me, as I try to independently use any rig I get my hands on, especially if I am able to.  problem here in lies that I am now in posession of a TYT TH-UVF9 Deluxe which appears to be a bit on the super super difficult side to program.  for starters, the pl tones are not even close to simple to program, as for some reason what I'm winding up with is a dcs code, not a ctcss code.  also, you can't enter numbers in there to get a pl tone properly.  have you guys been able to come up with some very detailed eyes free instructions on this, or may I just be wasting my time on the unit.  only reason I ask, is I want to make sure I got something I'm going to use. the rig talks through most of the menus, except the tone code/dcx code.  I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but appears I'm doing quite a bit wrong based upon what I'm seeing here.  any ideas?  thanks,
Brandon