Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2012 11:58:29 -0400
From:
Gary Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Sir:

I can think of several radios which will fit your specs.

1. Grundig g3 $107 from amazon.  Has keypad entry, am/fm/sw/aircraft.  Reviews fair, but sync detect does not hold well.
access to memories questionable for blind.  I haven't seen one, but the manual says a lot about using the tuning knob for memory access.

2. tecsun pl-660.  am/fm/sw/aircraft.  similar to grundig, but reviews say that sync is much better.  Same issue with memories, timers, etc.

3. Sony icf7600-gr. am/fm/sw.  fair sync.  approximately $150 to 180.  I have never tried to access or program memories in mine. sync is decent. keypad entry good.

Finally, if you can find one, the eton e1, no longer made looks very good.  Nearly all functions even setups and menus can be accessed via the keypad.  This is a large unit, better suited for tabletop use.  Reviews very good if you get a good one.  excellent sensitivity, good sync detect, three selectable sensitivities, and adjustable agc.
Usually around $250 to $300 if available.

Hope this helps.
Gary Lee