Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2012 11:05:50 -0400
7bit
Sender:
From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
I'm redoing my .wav audio files for DVK (digital voice keying). I've got
a hodge podge of files I've done over they years, but figure I should
make a clean batch.  From within Gold wave, is there any way to get an
idea of the audio level while recording?

Running a Heil Goldline mic into the sound card of an XP computer.   The
amount of mic drive and whether or not to use the sound cards mic boost
are the variables.   If I could tell what settings give me good levels
without overloading, I'd be in good shape.

I'm not an audio guy, and don't want to make this my lifes work, but any
help would be welcome. Using JAWS here.

73, Steve KW3A