From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2012 18:20:31 -0700
there is no additional functionality, that I am aware of, offered through
the software that isn't availible from the front pannel of the ts2000.
The only thing that is available through software only, is the transmit
audio equalizer custom user settings.....along with some slight increase in
RX bandwidth by tweeking the dsp.
I don't consider that functionality, but more DSP modification.
What kind of functionality was this person able to get via software that he
couldn't get from the front pannel?
Don't forget, the ts2000 also has a fully operational VHF and UHF section in
it, which would utilize tone encoding and decoding more heavily than your
average 6M or 10M capable HF rig.
The ts2000 is also not even close to being a fair comparison to the ts480.
Like apples and oranges.
But, perhaps you might get some milage out of the ts480 software and
programming FM repeater memories or something.

73
Colin, V A6BKX