From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2012 15:56:08 -0500
PL and CTCSS is exactly the same thing, what you're talking about is
something else but that doesn't make sense at all. If you need a split tone,
in other words different from receive to transmit, set the transmit tone and
leave receive tone off, you'd be out of luck and that would be crazy since
only commercial radios do that as far as I know though I did trick a ham
radio to do it once. Anyway, as long as the tone is the same for in and out,
when you turn on tone squelch, so you need a tone to receive the repeater,
it will transmit that same tone when you transmit so you have the tone set
for receive and transmit that way.