VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dorene Cornwell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2012 15:43:46 -0500
Warning: high probability of brain melting terminology confusion:

Alt Tab moves between Windows.

In Windows 7 lots of browsers open new tabs rather than new windows.
 From the Firefox Window for the site you are reading do Ctrl Tab one or
more times to see what tabs have been opened. For downloads this should
include a tab with some options for specifying where to put things. I
have not used this in awhile so I would have to try it to give more
precise directions; my memory is that some pieces I like better tha n
IE.

I don't think the tavs vs windows thing is new in System 7 but I think
what happens by default might be. In both IE and Firefox, as well as
some blogging environments I think there are options to change t. set
what happens by default but darned if I can tell you how to find.

Does this help?

DoreneC