VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2012 12:54:34 -0700
I've had this issue with earlier versions of Jaws, but it happens sooner
and more often with Jaws 13.

another issue I have much more often with Jaws 13 is that I press a key,
and I hear the key along with Windows or alt+ctrl plus the key. For
example, I press m and hear Windows+m or alt+ctrl+m, and the computer
does what it should if I were to hit that key combination, or I press e
and hear Windows+E or alt+ctrl+e, etc. This tends to happen when I press
a key too soon after booting up, but it sometimes just happens. I can
fix it by restarting Jaws, but this can be a challenge, Depending on
whether I'm dealing with the Windows or alt+ctrl combination and whether
Jaws is just announcing the additional keys or the computer actually
thinks the key combinations are being pressed.

Jaws 13 is certainly buggier than usual.

On 10/1/2012 9:42 AM, Bill Pasco wrote:
> I've been finding since I upgraded to JAWS 13 that working within Windows 7
> and MS Office 2010 that over the work day, JAWS becomes increasingly unable
> to function as it should. It fails to allow the cursor to work with
> attachments, it stops saying "copy" or "paste" when I am doing those things,
> and it loses focus. I find that if I shut down and restart JAWS the behavior
> corrects itself for a while. I have 8 gigs of RAM, so memory cannot be a
> problem.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]