From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2012 10:57:44 -0700
I've never used one of those and there are some on here who love them.
I think they're a little pricy, but that is just my opinion.  Basicly it
depends on how much you have to spend, then see what is out there in
that price range.  I think the 590 is one heck of a radio for the money
and many of us on here have that one.  The Kenwoods are the most
accessible.  One of the best bang for the buck radios in my opinion is
the Icom 718, I think around $700 plus you'd need a voice board.  I
think the 590 is around $1600 and the Kenwood 480 around a grand.
HTH
73
Butch
WA0VJR