From:
Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jul 2012 23:13:17 -0700
Ok, first crack at using the Alpha 1 antenna from a b and b in
Grass Valley CA.  Got on the air this fine warm evening at around
20:35 local time here.  The only band that was hopping was 20
meters.  As soon as I got on, I worked a guy in Riverside CA.
probably 300 plus miles from my current QTH which is strange on
20, but that's what happened.   Heard Hawaii, Australia, and some
stations in the east, but couldn't work them.  Couldn't find
anyone on the other bands to young.  I did try to work a couple
of locals on 40 and 20 but we couldn't hear each other.  The
internal tuner seemed to like the antenna and was happy on all
bands as the antenna advertised.  Will hopefully try more during
the day Sunday.  Jim WA6EKS