From:
Greta deWolf <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Greta deWolf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Sep 2012 10:59:43 -0400

The Lansing Gluten Free Fair will be held October 6th from 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. at the South Church of the Nazarene. The church is located at 401 W. Holmes Rd in Lansing, MI between South Cedar and Martin Luther King Blvd. This fair is sponsored by the Michigan Capital Celiac/DH Group Chapter 43 of the Celiac Sprue Association. Visit us on Facebook-Lansing Gluten Free Fair, or http://micapitalceliacs.atspace.com, or call 517 349-0294.
We will have over 30 vendors providing samples to taste, products for sale, and product information. Many are from Michigan and some products are not available in stores. We have over 50 door prizes including baskets of gluten free food, gift certificates from restaurants, gluten free cookbooks, and a chocolate fondue warmer with chocolate. Miss Grand Valley 2012 Alexa Allor who has a platform of Celiac Awareness will be signing autographs. Marge Pestka, RD, Sparrow Hospital, and Steveanna Roose, Food Allergy Support Team, will be present to answer questions on a variety of food allergies. Ms. Pestka will also be giving a presentation on Gluten Free Living at 10:30 a.m. Other presentations will be Gary Lemke, Family Network, Wyoming with Secrets of Bread Making and a webinar from the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness for celiacs and restaurant staff on serving gluten free food in the restaurant. Come and try the new GF Girl Scout Cookies!

The public is welcome and we especially welcome restaurant business owners and employees to come and learn about products for those restricted to gluten free food and those with other food allergies. Restaurants can increase their revenue nearly 10% by providing for persons and families with food allergies.

We ask for a $2 donation per person or $5 per family.

Persons with Celiac Disease must remove all wheat, rye, and barley from their diet. There is no cure and the diet restriction is lifelong. There are many new products available and the fair is designed to help persons decide what they prefer. Michigan Capital Celiac/DH Group was started in 1996 to provide support, provide information, and build a community awareness of the diet requirements. We welcome persons with other food allergies as well.

--

Gluten  Free Fair October 6  10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.  South Church of the Nazarene  401 W. Holmes Rd Lansing MI  Facebook: Lansing Gluten Free Fair or facebook.com/MichiganCapitalCeliacDHGroup
Be a vendor!  Be a visitor!  Like our Facebook page!