From:
Kimberly Coelho <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kimberly Coelho <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Nov 2011 10:07:43 -0500

Hello,
On Friday I will be traveling to New Orleans for work (leaving on Sunday).
I will be staying with a non-celiac colleague at the Homewood Suites on
Poydras Street, what I'm told is 4 blocks from the French Quarter. I will
be bringing some food with me, but can anyone send recommendations on where
to buy staple grocery items? We;re trying to get by without a rental car,
I'm looking for places we can access on foot (preferred) or cab. I'll be
looking for basic produce. I also love goya products so anywhere that has
canned beans (I know, I should find something more exciting to enjoy!)
would be appreciated. I'm allergic to fish but would love to buy fresh
shellfish and cook it in my hotel.

Also, does anyone know of any bars in the area that might be willing to
accommodate me if we want to stop in for a drink while sight-seeing?

Thank you,
Kim in NJ