From:
Computer9f <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Jul 2013 16:06:40 -0400
I'm planning a new system, and I have monitor questions (I may go ahead and get a monitor first and use it now, if I come across a good deal).  I will appreciate any comments, insights, or suggestions you guys have.

Currently:
My current monitor is   LG 19" LCD EnergyStar Monitor 4ms  1400:1  (paid nearly $400 for it back when I purchased it!).  I sit about 2 feet from the monitor (maybe an inch or two more at times), centered left/right, and close to centered top/bottom - perhaps a couple of inches above top/bottom midline.

I don't change the viewing angle, so that doesn't matter to me.  I don't do much gaming on my PC, but I do want black blacks and I do some things where accurate color is important.  Also, excessive  in-your-face  brightness hurts my eyes.

The Problem:
The problem I have with it (besides being only 19") is that the text at the bottom of the screen is lighter and harder to read than the text at the top of the screen (it gets progressively better toward the top and progressively worse toward the bottom).  I don't know if this is "backlight bleed" or "ISP glow" or something else, but I don't like it.

What I'd Like:
I'm looking for a 22" or 23" monitor that provides sharp clear fonts, accurate color, black black, and an evenly lit screen.  And not super expensive.  Is there such an animal?

                     visit our download web page at
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml