VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Nov 2013 11:59:52 +1300
Yes, I am in the process of putting together a price-to-price comparison between Windows and Apple.

When looking at all the office software Apple has just released for free with any new iOS device and Mac, and when comparing equivalent Windows computers to their Mac counterparts, the difference in price is only a couple hundred dollars. Now, if we expand the comparison to include costs for upgrades, Apple actually becomes less expensive approximately three years into the life of the computer. Note: I am not factoring in the cost of the screen reader. I am also not factoring in the cost of repairs. I have not yet looked up the multi-year repair rates, the costs of extended warrantees,, and so forth.

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
Email: [log in to unmask]
Mobile: +64 21 2288 288
Sent from my iPhone