From:
"Day, Wally" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2012 20:58:22 +0000
> I , for example, gain weight rather rapidly(with a potbelly etc.)

> if I  eat  small amounts of cooked animal foods on a regular

> basis and my stools are then much larger than when I'm 100% raw,

> suggesting poorer absorption of food.

I'm curious. What mechanism would cause weight (fat) gain if the food is not absorbed as well? I've heard this before, generally associated with the "cleansing formula" fads. However, those diets always talk about ridding the body of "excess matter" (stoolage?) in the bowels, which is not really weight (fat) gain IMO.

I've never been able to readily accept those claims, and I'm not sure about this claim either.