Date:
Sun, 7 Aug 2011 15:20:13 -0700
I prefer grass-fed raw meat that has never been frozen. It is available
by mail order from certain farms around the U.S. -- at a price. The
Whole Foods meats are very good and they usually have a variety. If the
price is very good, I will get some extra and freeze it for a short
time, say, up to 2 weeks (as I believe the "excellence" of it to
diminish over time). Brisket would be ideal if it's available.  If you
are in the U.S., North*Star has grass-fed bison meat that is excellent
and family-farmed -- in Wisconsin. They will ship "cold" without
freezing if you ask. A local farmer's market has one vendor with
grass-fed beef (also unpasteurized dairy) and I've found it to be very
good - check with your local area farmers to see who grass-feeds their
cows. Whole foods usually has New Zealand lamb - also grass-fed -- and
I've always found it to be very good and reliable.
-=mark=-