From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Nov 2012 06:10:22 -0500
Tom,

Didn't get on last night maybe  some today.

As for CW:  When I went to Windows 7 2 1/2 years ago, I found that
Writelog no longer would reliably do CW keying via the old serial
interface  I had used for years, so I went to  a Winkey USB device.

If I'm not mistaken, you have been using the serial setup on win 7 with
N3FJP for a while, so maybe something else is going on.

You had mentioned some RFI problem  a few days ago.   Maybe there is
some  RFI related problem.

In WL, the problem was maybe 10 or so good QSO's followed by rapid speed
increase and erratic sending.   But again, this was a Win 7 problem from
day 1.  Not sure  that is your situation.

73, Steve KW3A
On 11/23/2012 10:13 PM, Tom Behler wrote:
>              Steve:
>
> Well, I tried a bit tonight, and 40 was open into South America and southern
> Europe, so made a few contacts there.
>
> Am having some trouble, though, with my N3FJP software.  The CW sending is a
> bit erratic at times.  It will change speed and character weighting without
> notice on occasion, which is a bit disconcerting.  Am going to have to
> e-mail Scott about this.
>
> Tom Behler: KB8TYJ

>>> p.m. Eastern on Sunday.  It is in the CW portions of all the usual