From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2012 00:17:17 -0400
Hello, all.

What I'm going to share here may not be big news to some, but for those like
me who never had this problem, it is a bit disconcerting.

Tonight, I decided to fire up and get re-acquainted with my TS590, since I
probably hadn't even turned it on for a month and a half.  I had taken some
SWR and output power readings using the rig's  internal meter, and
everything looked great, until I tried getting on the air.

Even if I was on a resonant or near-resonant frequency for one of my
antennas, the rig's auto-tuner would not tune.

I played around for quite a while, trying to figure out what was wrong, and
then, I decided to swallow my pride, and ask the sighted XYL for help.

It turns out that I inadvertently had activated the DRV function.  This
happens when you press the meter function button down too long.  The meter
switch is one of the few buttons that doesn't talk on the rig, so it's very
easy to make this mistake.  Once the meter switch  button was re-set to
normal, everything was fine again.

Does anyone know what the DRV function is, and has anyone ever used it?

Just curious.

73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ