From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2012 22:09:52 -0400
Hey, all.

I am sure this will sound very elementary to some on the list, but you guys
are a tolerant group with lots of good Elmering, so here goes:

In a last-ditch effort to troubleshoot the screw-driver HF antenna on my RV,
I'm going to carefully examine the feed line for any problems.  There are
also two round lug terminals on the antenna end of the feed line that I'm
also going to replace.  One of the terminals is secured by a small round
screw to the radiating element of the antenna, while the other screw secures
the round terminal lug that goes to ground.

Tonight, we were out at the RV briefly, and I checked the original round
lugs on the feed line, and, despite my best efforts to protect them, they
still felt corroded to me.

So, my question is this:

How does one best protect round terminal lugs that are subjected to outdoor
conditions from corosion?

I had used a small can of liquid tape from, I think, Lowes, but I honestly
am not sure it did the job adequately.

Any suggestions would be helpful, and, of course, I'll let everyone know how
things turn out this week-end, when I'm out at the RV and have time to do
the work.

73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ