Date:
Sat, 18 May 2013 22:41:46 -0400

Hello All,
I occasionally make meringue cookies or Pavlova.  The recipe is pretty
much the same.   4 egg whites, 1 cup sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla, 1 tsp.  white
vinegar, and perhaps 1 TBS cornstarch.  I am not giving accurate  measurements on
those last three as this is just off the top of my head.

Sometimes it comes out great and other times it seems a little sticky or
gooey.   So what am I doing wrong?   They bake in a 300 deg.  oven for about
20 minutes and then the oven is never opened for a few hours  until totally
cooled.    Sometimes it looks like little beads of  moisture on them at the
end of the baking cycle.

Could this stickiness be the result of adding the sugar too  quickly???
Can you beat meringue too much and break it down??

I have never had it come out this badly and, yes, I did add the sugar a
little faster than in the past.  And those last 3 ingredients get FOLDED
in...just in case you ask.

I hope someone out there has an answer for me.  You have all been such  a
great help in the past.

Bev
Mansfield OH